For Elementary Kids/Teens and Parents
Parents meet in a separate room to network and discuss issues they face at home and at school. Kids meet with Casey Cheffo for a music workshop. Casey encourages kids to discover the different sounds instruments can make and to understand variations in rhythm. She uses age-appropriate, popular music that kids enjoy to distinguish these patterns. They discuss Ipods and current music trends. For the elementary population, music is used to enhance listening skills by playing games and demonstrating activities that will ultimately help improve their socials skill at an early age. This a fun way for kids to meet and socialize with other hearing impaired kids.
Four Points Sheraton, Plainview, NY
333 South Service Road – Exit 48 off the LIE
Meet & Greet (Pizza Party) – 1st ½ Hour of Workshop
Music Workshop/Parent Meeting – 2 Hours
- TUESDAY, APRIL 23rd - ELEMENTARY GROUP (5:30-8:00PM)
- TUESDAY, APRIL 30th – TEEN GROUP (6:30-9:00PM)
- TUESDAY, MAY 14th – ELEMENTARY GROUP (5:30-8:00PM)
- TUESDAY, MAY 21st – TEEN GROUP (6:30-9:00PM)
- TUESDAY, JUNE 4th – COMBINED (ELEM/TEEN) GROUP (6:00-8:30PM)
** PLEASE NOTE THE NEW TIME FOR ELEMENTARY WORKSHOPS.
RSVP TO: 646-438-7819 OR firstname.lastname@example.org